Christian Motorcycling Association


Info about CMA National Rally 2020

20th March 2020:

It is with regret that the National Executive and Trustees have decided to CANCEL the 2020 National Rally, scheduled for 17th-19th July 2020.

Government efforts to mitigate the impact of Covid-19 are currently to ‘turn the tide in 3 months’ with the current lock-down to mid-June, but there is no clear exit strategy for restoring the nation to ‘normal’: without miraculous intervention the virus will remain in the community for some time. Also, we cannot guarantee that emergency services would service an event if the NHS continues to be under extreme pressure throughout the summer.

About 20% of CMA’s membership is over 70 and there are a number of ‘younger’ members or family members who have ’vulnerable’ conditions. We do not believe holding the Rally is wise this year nor that we will have numbers to make the Rally viable.

Bookings in the House, Static caravans and Chalets:

Unless you wish to make the dates a holiday weekend, you need to contact Lenchwood directly ( ) to cancel your booking. If you have already paid a deposit ask Lenchwood for a refund ’in the light of government advice concerning public gatherings which you foresee extending beyond mid-June’.

Times such as this present us with a tension between our faith in God and His protection over us, and wisdom in our actions and precautions (and we are bid to obey and pray for the authorities He has put over us).   This a time to pray for God’s mercy and grace upon our nation.

It is with regret that we advise you that the Rally is cancelled. We trust and hope we will be at Lenchwood again in 2021.

Les Jones

National Rally Co-ordinator

07970 172322